At the Craignure Bunkhouse we are looking forward to reopening, and welcoming our guests again, as soon as we are permitted to do so.
As a result of COVID, we are making a few changes to enable social distancing and enhance our health and hygiene procedures. These steps include the following:
- We will take prepayment or card payments, but not cash.
- We will no longer be letting individual berths, but will instead only let by the room. We are reducing prices and changing our price structure to reflect this. There will be a flat fee for the room hire, plus a charge per berth occupied.
- We will allow exclusive use of the hostel when 2 or more rooms are booked by the same group.
- We have reduced the number of tables in the Communal room, giving more space between 3 defined areas of soft seating.
- The kitchen will be unavailable for use by visitors, except when only one group is in the hostel.
- Instead, we will provide facilities for hot drinks in each room.
- There will be no communal TV, as we see no way of keeping the remote controls suitably clean.
- Our team will step up their cleaning regime to even higher levels. To facilitate this, we will request that the premises are fully vacated by 10.00, and will not allow re-entry before 4.00.
While these are the most significant changes, guests will be briefed on others, and specific procedures, on arrival.
Happy Hostelling – when the time comes!